Cooking Time 20 minutes
ALSO GREAT WITH
1. Cut the potatoes in half and place in a saucepan of salted water.
2. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when skewered with a knife. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat a fry pan and lightly oil. Add the bacon and cook stirring until it starts to brown and crisp. Add the sunflower seeds and toss with the bacon for a couple of minutes to toast. Remove the bacon and seeds to a large bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil and bacon fat in the pan.
4. Add the chicken strips to the fry pan and cook on each side for around 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove them to the bowl with the bacon and seeds.
5. Leave the fry pan on high heat and add the steamed potatoes, tossing for a few minutes so they crisp a little and are wrapped in the bacon and pesto flavour.
6. Add the potatoes and all remaining ingredients together, while the bacon, potatoes and chicken are still warm, and present on a platter. Serve with extra store bought pesto if you wish.
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Mt Barker Chicken and features their ready-to-cook basil pesto strips.
TIP: This is a fabulous recipe for easy entertaining. Double the recipe and feed a crowd with ease.