Cooking Time 20 minutes
ALSO GREAT WITH
1. Preheat oven to 200°C Fan Forced
2. Line tray with baking paper.
3. Grate potato into a bowl (or use a food processor to grate) skin on.
4. Rinse the grated potato in cold water then drain to clear some of the starch (you could do this twice).
5. Place rinsed potato in a clean tea towel over a bowl and squeeze as much excess water out as you can.
6. Place dry potato in a clean bowl and toss through oil, whisked egg and season.
7. Spread potato evenly on a lined baking tray (25cm x 38cm) then press down gently. There need to be no gaps in the potato or the roulade will split when rolled.
8. Cook for 15 mins on the lower rack, then 10-15 mins on the upper rack.
9. The hash brown should be turning golden and not too dry.
10. Remove the potato from the oven and allow to cool.
11. Gently flip the hash brown and lay back on the baking paper so you are working on the flat side.
12. Toss the flaked salmon with some lemon juice, the parsley and season generously to taste.
13. Layer ingredients on the hash brown in order of listing, leaving a small amount of space at either end.
14. Gently fold the hash brown over the ingredients by a third then continue rolling until it’s neatly rolled up with the folded side down.
15. Slice the roulade in two or three and serve.