Cooking Time 35 Minutes
ALSO GREAT WITH
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
2. Grate your potatoes and carrots using a food processor if you have one. If not, grate by hand.
3. Finely slice your onion, again either using a food processor or by hand.
4. Place all prepared vegetables into a large bowl lined with a tea towel and sprinkle with a little salt, then toss and allow to stand for around five minutes.
5. Wrap the tea towel tightly around your veggies and wind the top closed to squeeze as much water as you can out of them. They need to be quite dry, so you may need to continue squeezing more liquid by taking handfuls of veggie mix, squeezing again in your hands then place into a dry bowl.
6. Add the oil, and dry herbs and season lightly then toss to coat.
7. Press your rosti into a lined rectangle baking dish or tray around 33 x 25cm or larger.
8. Bake for around 35 minutes or until the top is looking crispy. The edges may be darker and this is totally fine.
Serve the rosti warm topped with feta, tomatoes, sprouts and seeds, or whatever you wish.
– You could choose to cook small rosti by pressing handfuls into a hot fry pan and cooking for around 5 minutes on each side.You could also make two thinner crispier rosti by scattering the mix loosely onto two lined baking trays and cooking until golden.
TIP: Great topped with a poached egg.